Welcome to Mingxian's Home

Human-Computer Interaction Designer 人机交互设计师

interaction design, 交互设计

experience design, 体验设计

design theory, 设计理论

virtual culture theory,视觉文化理论

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Visit Computer Science and Informatics Poster Session

I visited the Computer Science and Informatics Poster Session in the evening yesterday. Other two my classmates and I have already worked on a poster for hours for our course project before we went the session. Before went there, I believed that poster should express one theme by using simple image, words and colors instead of complex diagrams, paragraphs. After I went there, I found out that most of the posters are framed by their research logic. For example:
Problem-> analysis-> solution->evaluation->challenge->future work.

My husband persuaded me that "Scientific poster is in this style". I agreed with him, and I saw that the posters which designed by HCI/d students are more romantic than those by computer science people. I like those artistic posters rather than scientific ones! But the problem is not which style I like! The problem is what style should we follow when we make a design poster? There is no answer. Maybe we can say that it depends, depends on the goals of why we make the poster, and on who are the audience of the poster. We can always say the words: “it depends" when we cannot get single
simple right and wrong answer. Maybe the answer exists in the problem what design is, science or art. If we believe that design is a independent discipline, neither science nor art, then we have our own way to express our themes by using posters as a way, not a work flow, not a single piece of art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home