Welcome to Mingxian's Home

Human-Computer Interaction Designer 人机交互设计师

interaction design, 交互设计

experience design, 体验设计

design theory, 设计理论

virtual culture theory,视觉文化理论

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

CHI Conference

I had a fantastic week when I attended CHI conference, even though I caught a cold and was very sleepy after I ate the Chinese medicine.

First of all, I met three old friends who are my undergraduate classmates. This year is the tenth year we know each other. I had not seen two of them for six years, and another one three years. We all changed a lot in the past ten years. But it is really good to talk with old friend and our sounds turned smaller and smaller until we could not heard it at three or four o'clock in the morning.

Secondly, I got a lot of chance to talk with a lot of people including people who were always around but never got a chance to know each other, people met for the first time but the feeling when we talked just like old friends, because we are Chinese and we are students of the same university or neighbors.

Thirdly, it is amazing to find out that there are so many topics people are working on. I talked about the research about avatars with people who never know games. And when they asked me what applications these research could be applied, I told them it could be used in hospital, to let the live size avatars to accompany those lonely patients in the shape and behavior of their loved ones. Is this a future direction or not? I don't know. But I feel good after I said that as a potential use.

Fourth, ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home