Welcome to Mingxian's Home

Human-Computer Interaction Designer 人机交互设计师

interaction design, 交互设计

experience design, 体验设计

design theory, 设计理论

virtual culture theory,视觉文化理论

Sunday, December 02, 2007

World of Warcraft

Began to play WoW in the Thanksgiving break, I found I have already addicted to it. Last semester, I remember I asked Jeff that why people play games, are they very lonely, have nothing else to do or they are not interested in their surrounded environment? Jeff said no, but I doubt it at that time. Because I found I have a lot interesting things to do other than game. However, in the Thanksgiving break, my husband encouraged me to install WoW on my computer, and try. Then I spend three days in a row to play . Although sometimes I don't want to kill those tigers who have no money, no weapons to give me, it is exciting when I go up to another level. Sometimes, I asked myself, what makes me addictive? The logic is simple, get experience by killing, finding, completing tasks. As a warrior, my personal life just includes buying and selling, maybe sometimes aimless running.

Now I kind of understand why people care their avatar so much. She connects my heart because I create it and give her everything, living skills, looking, clothes etc. Maybe it likes my baby who will never do something wrong. There is no police station, is there? Think about those parents whose children are obedient and also do outstanding job, they must feel proud and like to do whatever they need to make them better. We are not the parent of our avatar, we are them and they are us. This even makes the connection stronger than parents and children!

This morning, my husband drove our car, and I sat on the right front seat. I feel a little bit exciting when I saw the warning sign beside the airbag which has a black triangle background and yellow exclamatory mark, and was thinking about "new tasks here"! HAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home